Difference between revisions of "Ice Core Wiki"
Revision as of 12:19, 28 May 2019
Ice core Wiki
This wiki will be moved to the site http://wiki.icecoredata.org
- Research data
- See Elsevier site https://www.elsevier.com/about/open-science/research-data
- Open Data Report: The researcher perspective https://www.elsevier.com/about/open-science/research-data/open-data-report
- What is research data?
* While the definition often differs per field, generally, research data refers to the results of observations or experiments that validate your research findings. These span a range of useful materials associated with your research project, including: https://www.elsevier.com/authors/author-resources/research-data * Raw or processed data files * Software * Code * Models * Algorithms * Protocols * Methods
- Ice core field data
- WAIS Divide
* Borehole logging
- SPICE core
* Borehole logging http://www.usap-dc.org/view/dataset/609515
- NSF Ice Core Facilities
* NSF ICF https://icecores.org/ * Example of CPL (Core Processing Line) generated files * Core logs * Images * ECM * Visible stratigraphy
- Ice core sampling methods
* Cutting * Discrete melting (G-melter GISP2) * Discrete Continuous flow melting * Continuous flow melting coupled with ICPMS * Continuous flow melting coupled with IC * Continuous flow melting coupled with Isotopes * Continuous flow melting coupled with gasses
- Examples of Ice core data
* Ice chemistry major ions * Stable water isotopes * Trace elements (ICP-MS) * Density * Gasses
- Time scale development
- Time scale development
* [PAGES Rasmussen et al., 2014](http://www.pastglobalchanges.org/download/docs/magazine/2014-1/PAGESmagazine_2014(1)_26-27_Rasmussen_et_al.pdf) * [Winstrup et al., 2012](https://www.clim-past.net/8/1881/2012/cp-8-1881-2012.pdf)
- Software for developing Ice Core time scale
* Matlab David Meeker scripts * Kendrick Taylor (Fortran) code * Ice core dating software (ICD) http://cci.icecoredata.org/Software/icd.html * StratiCounter (Matlab) https://github.com/maiwinstrup/StratiCounter/ * Climate Data Workbench (P301) https://d.icecoredata.org/ * IceChrono 1 (Python) https://github.com/parrenin/IceChrono
- Pythons books
* pycse - Python3 Computations in Science and Engineering http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/pycse/
- Climate Time Series processing
* pyCliTS https://github.com/jajcayn/pyclits
- Sources of uncertainty in ice core data
* PDF By Eric Steig https://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/paleo/icecore/ice-cores.pdf
MediaWiki has been installed.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.